Objectives • Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality
• Facility management is a profession that encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology.
FM Foundation Course
• Definition and basic concepts
• Evolution across the globe
• Operations and maintenance
• Relationship management
Management of Buildings and Facilities
• What does it take to manage this asset?
• Why manage maintenance?
• What is the appropriate level of maintenance?
The Job of the Facilities Manager
• Job descriptions
• Looking toward the future
Disaster and Disaster Recovery
• Risk Management
• Security audit
• Safety issues in building maintenance
• Steps of contracting
• Tips to avoid claims
• Getting the work done with contractors
• Choosing contractors
FM services procurement and provision
• Understanding client needs
• Sourcing Models (In house or outsource)
• Procurement Cycle
• Relationship Management
• TQM in FM
• Risk Management
• Knowledge Management
Asset Maintenance Management
• AMM Concept
• Maintenance Dimensions
• Maintenance Codes Standards and Guides
• Facilities Dependability ( Life Cycle Costing)
• Maintenance Organizations
• Maintenance Projects
• Maintenance Contracts
• Maintenance Information
• Impact of Space on Productivity
• Measurement of Space and Space Standards
• Space Budget Acquisition and Disposal Strategy
• Creating Adaptable Spaces
• Space Planning Techniques
• Integrating Space Technology and Time
• What is Sustainability
• Life Cycle Assessment
• Environment Management Systems
• BREEAM (Building Research Environmental Assessment Method)
• Sustainable Practices in Facilities Management
FM at the Design Stage
• MEP Design Review
• Finishes and Operational Implication Review
• Fire and life Systems Review
• Security and Soft Systems Review
• Space Analysis and Occupant Efficiency
Who Should Attend ?
Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundation FM topics deemed critical by employers.
Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
Facility-related product and service providers.
november 21 (Sunday) - 25 (Thursday)