Objectives • Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives• Plan, prioritize and manage your
• Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
• Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
• Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
• Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
• Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
Managing Yourself and Your Day
• Goal Setting – Why have goals?
• Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
• Planning and Scheduling your activities
• Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
• Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
• Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
• My Perfect Day – When are you at your best?
Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
• Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
• Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
• Procrastination – The Stealer of Time
• Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – Staying Focused
• Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
• Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH model
Effective Meetings and Delegation
• Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
• Managing the Meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
• Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
• What does effective delegation look like?
• Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
• How to delegate successfully?
• Understanding How people learn
• The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
• What is Stress?
• What contributes to Workplace Stress? – The top ten causes
• The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – The Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
• Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
• Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
• Maintaining an Effective balance between Home and Work
Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
• Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
• How our thought process affects our behavior?
• Developing Self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over Stress
• Conflict Management – common cause of stress
• Analysis of Individual conflict Management Styles
• Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
Who Should Attend ?
Occupational Health Specialists
Health and Safety Professionals
Employees on any organisations that demands more from them, anyone that has to manage stress and pressure at work, meet deadlines & deliver results
october 24 (Monday) - 28 (Friday)