- About Us
- Courses In Kuwait
- Contact Us
- دورات باللغة العربية
Objectives • Contribute to the preparation of a Project Execution
• Contribute to the preparation of a Project Execution Plan (Project Management Plan) based on an understanding of the Capital Value Process.
• Understand the Stage Gate Review process (Gate-keeping) and its role in the project management of major capital assets.
• Understand Decision Support Packages and their contribution to Project Management performance.
• Understand the technical and non-technical (e.g. financial) issues relating to gaining project approval and funding.
• Recognise basic methods for defining and estimating activities.
• Appreciation of a systematic approach to Scope Management and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) to define and control the project work effectively.
• Recognise the value of estimating and its integration with the work scope and schedules.
• Understand the basics of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
• Appreciate risk mitigation, preliminary contingency levels and critical variables.
• Be aware of Monte Carlo methods and expected monetary outcome.
• Effectively integrate risk and earned value.
• An understanding of the main aspects of Project Management though simulated development of a project management case study.
Life Cycle and Estimating
• Overview of case study and options
• Overview of the capital value process and PMI process
• Financial appraisal review
• Appraisal of case study
• Scope management review
• WBS tools overview
• Estimating review and accuracy
The learning objectives of day one will be for participants to understand the application of the Capital Value Process in relation to a case study project. Then, for the participants to use the case study project and apply the other elements of project management, such as the financial appraisal of selected options, definition of the scope, and creation of the initial estimate.
Integrating Planning and Estimating
• Review network planning and scheduling
• Introduction to the Microsoft Project
• Review resource management
• Integrated baseline reviews
By the end of day two participants should be capable of applying network planning techniques to the case study project. Initially this will involve manual methods, but will then move on to the application of Microsoft Project and the addition of resources using the software to resolve any resource issues at the planning stage. Also, participants will develop an understanding of the use of Integrated Baseline Reviews.
• Review qualitative risk
• Qualitative contingency
• Review risk monitoring
• Introduction to quantitative risk analysis
• Overview of @Risk™ for Excel
On day three participants will review qualitative risk analysis and apply the whole qualitative cycle to the case study project. They will also review the risk monitoring aspects and the key issues that will need to be addressed during the execution phase of the project. Learning objectives will also include moving into the quantitative aspect of risk and using software to quantitatively assess the budget risks for the case study.
Risk Analysis and Controls
• Overview of @Risk™ for project
• Overview of project controls
• Cash flow and cost control
The learning objectives of day four will be for participants to understand and apply quantitative risk assessments to the schedule of a project using suitable software tools. Other learning objectives will include the understanding of key techniques for monitoring and controlling both the schedule and budget during the execution phase of the project, as well as understanding the need to effectively manage cash flow.
• Review stakeholder analysis
• Principles of project reviews
• Case study presentations
By the end of day should be able to effectively carry out a review of a project and then present the results of those reviews.
Who Should Attend ?
This program is intended for all BOT/PPP Project Professionals, Managers, Coordinators, Audit, Contract Professionals & Project Managers.
december 9 (Monday) - 13 (Friday)