Objectives • To develop an understanding human resources development and personnel management practices•
• To develop an understanding human resources development and personnel management practices
• To develop an awareness the advantages of effective human resource management
• To develop awareness of key HR and HRD strategies for improving organizational success
• To understand the application of strategic human resources development and personnel management practices in the workplace
• To effectively apply appropriate practices to specific workplace situations
• Define differentiation and integration as organizational design processes
• Discuss six basic design dimensions of an organization.
• Briefly describe five structural configurations for organizations.
• Describe four contextual variables for an organization.
• Explain the four forces reshaping organizations.
• Discuss emerging organizational structures.
• Identify two cautions about the effect of organizational structures on people
Introduction to HRM, HRD and HRP
• program introduction and objectives
• The context for HR
• Change management
• Human Resource Management V Personnel Management
• Human Resource Development (HRD)
• Human Resource Planning (HRP)
• Strategic HRM – the new HR Strategic Model
Resourcing & Recruitment
• The employment psychological contract
• Why do good people leave?
• The process approach to interviewing
• Induction, job descriptions and references
• Personality Questionnaires and forms of testing
• Methods of detecting when applicants don’t tell the truth
• The new recruitment process to avoid litigation
• The value of using assessment centers
Pay & Employee Reward
• Employee motivation
• Salary, bonuses & benefits
• Understanding competencies
• Competency based Assessment
• Competency and performance based pay
• Different structures – different pay and rewards
• Total pay concept
• Salary surveys
Training Learning & Development
• Career management
• Personal development
• How flat organizational structures and empowered teams affect training and development
• Self Development
• 360 degree feedback as a development tool
Value for money from HR
• The new HR structure
• New roles within HR
• HR Business Partners
• Value of trend analysis and HRP
• Internal and External Frameworks
• Proving ROI on HR activities
Who Should Attend ?
HR professionals and strategy analysts, general HR management and business partners
june 26 (Sunday) - 30 (Thursday)